Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Cutest Cookie You'll Ever Make


This is where it all started. After reading the blog 17 and baking for several months, I got inspired by these tiny little cookies and knew I had to make them. I had never been so adamant about baking before in my life. A few weeks ago, I gave in and set off on a culinary excursion.

Tiny Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Buttons. A long name for a small cookie.

I cannot say enough good things about these cookies. First of all, they are so small, that you don't feel like you're eating a bad and fattening dessert. They're extremely light and the peanut butter cookie is so airy with a slight crunch from the sugar. It is the PERFECT ratio of chocolate to cookie.


I don't think anybody can really understand just how tiny these cookies are until they actually bake them. Each tiny ball of dough has to be formed and then rolled in sugar. It's semi-time consuming, but definitely worth it. The recipe makes 180 cookies, which is a bit too much for me to handle at one time. I used probably half the dough and froze the rest, which I definitely used again later. At that point, all I had to do was roll, bake, and place a chocolate chip.

I was delighted to find out that they were just as good, if not better, the second time around. You just can't resist these cookies. I dare anybody to try.


Naturally, there were too many cookies for just my parents and I to eat. It feels weird to say the phrase "too many cookies." I can't imagine that ever being true, but I did have the best idea for what to do with all of these adorable cookies.

I'm working through a temp agency right now, and for anybody that's ever been a temp before, you kind of feel invisible. Nobody usually knows your name, because they know you're not there to stay. I've gotten called Alexa, Allison, Andrea, etc. My brilliant idea was to bring these cookies into the office and really make a name for myself, or at least, make them remember the right name.

The very first comment I heard from my boss was "They're so small." No real expression to go along with it, but since she is a woman of few words I assumed it was a good thing. For the people I worked with, they couldn't get enough. It was the perfect afternoon sugary pick-me-up when you're answering phones and emails all day.


But did it work to really make me stand out? Not really. Did it get them to at least remember my name? Not quite. Maybe I still get called "hey" or "A," but I did contribute something that one day. I put a smile on more than just one person's face. And that is an A+ in my book.

This is only the beginning of a new journey I am on to win friends through cooking and baking. I believe the way to anyone's heart is through their stomach and I am more than willing to try and impress everyone.

Do yourself a favor and make these cookies. Find the recipe here, and be sure to check out Elissa's awesome blog 17 and baking. Maybe you'll be inspired too.

Your new friend,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment