Thursday, October 14, 2010

Moist Alert!


I know that I have some friends who absolutely abhor the word "moist" ... and you know who you are! So you're either going to have to suck it up, or just skip this post, because I'll probably say the word about 10 more times at least.

Moist moist moist moist moist. :) Happy?

For my dad's birthday this past August, he basically gave me the reins to make any dessert for him that I wanted. I picked a new cupcake recipe I had been wanting to try out - Moist Mint Chocolate Cupcakes!


Never before had I made a cupcake better that was A) so liquidy and B) so dark. Honestly, I thought that I had made a mistake and that the cupcakes would not turn out. The only real problem I had was that the tops were so sticky after I took the pan out of the oven, that one little touch would tear off the top of the cake.

DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, underestimate the level of MOISTNESS in these cupcakes.

They are rich. They are dark and decadent. They are MOIST. Please believe me on this.

I about had a heart attack with the frosting too. For the life of me, I could not get the right consistency using this Mint Buttercream Icing recipe from chocolatecupcakes.net. (Although it says you can use mint and chocolate, I opted out of both and just did a vanilla buttercream)

Spreading was impossible. I ended up, with the help of my mom, dipping the cupcakes in the purple frosting. Then I very carefully used a piping bag to decorate with the letters on top in gold.

GO DAWGS!


Because my dad graduated from the University of Washington, I thought he would appreciate these for his birthday. Every bite was like a little bit of Husky victory.

I do recommend these cupcakes, but for the love of all things delicious, have some MILK on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment