Sunday, October 17, 2010

Everything's Better Dipped in Chocolate!

The title of this post is 100% true.

Not just with food items either. Those of you who have seen the Angel episode "I Will Remember You" know exactly what I'm talking about. ;)

I seem to recall a line from Buffy the Vampire Slayer that goes a little something like this: "There is no problem that cannot be solved with chocolate."

I completely agree. Plus, if you use dark chocolate, it's healthy!

Well, that's not totally true, but it is healthier, which is a step in the right direction! They say that dark chocolate and blueberries can be the solution to depression. I'll take that as my first, and best, excuse for making treats like these!

This adventure begins with Rice Krispies treats! I had never made them on my own before, so it really was an experience.

If you can still call it "on my own" when I'm walking into the next room to ask my mom a question every 2 minutes.

Whatever, it still counts.

Lesson #1: When cutting the crispy, marshmallow-y goodness into shapes, you want to REALLY press it down into your pan first.


Lesson #2: Thick chocolate is harder to dip and takes longer to dry, but it makes cooler shapes.

My cookie cutter I used for these was a flower shape. I just had a bowl of melted chocolate to which I dipped each treat about halfway in, then pulled up slowly, letting the peak fall over to the side to create this awesome "shell" shape.


Lesson #3: These will be HARD when the chocolate has dried and slightly difficult to eat, but the chocolate to crispy mallow treat is pretty much perfect.....that is, only if you are a chocolate lover like me.


All in all, these were easy and fun to make while still being simple and delicious. Wonderful presentation also made them fun to show off and give out to people as a treat on a cookie plate (which I made with the Tiny Chocolate Chip Buttons).


My mouth is beginning to water just from looking at that chocolate.

I better get out of here before I start licking my computer screen like a psycho person.

Happy Baking!

1 comment: